Thursday 8 September 2016

Jasmine Phone

There's a new challenge over at As You Like It Challenge today and the theme is to create something that represents your favourite song or film.

I've had a teeny tiny (ok pretty major) crush on Keanu Reeves for as long as I can remember (apart from being pretty easy on the eye he also seems a really down to earth and genuinely 'nice guy' untainted by celebrity status and a few hundred million dollars in the bank).  One of his most well known films is The Matrix trilogy and if you've not watched the films, the concept they suggest is that our minds are all hard wired into a machine 'Matrix' which simulates the world as we know it.

Sometimes when I see people unable to take their eyes off their mobile phones as they're walking along the street or sitting in cafes it makes me wonder how far off we actually are from a closer connection with technology that we already have (and I'm not sure it's made life any less stressful as it is with email and the internet making everything (including expectations) instantaneous).

The films also use phone lines to drag people back from the simulated world of The Matrix into reality and therefore it seemed logical for me to use Jasmine Phone for my image, which pretty much sums up every other person you now see on the street, addicted to their mobiles and hooked up to the Web!



Card Recipe:
I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting
Annette
xx



14 comments:

Christine L said...

Gorgeously CAS Annette... and yes, that truly sums up people on the streets nowadays! I remember The Matrix... although films like that tend to go a bit over my head... but I did like his long coat and had one similar!! hehe

Christine x

Kat W said...

The Matrix films are faves of mine and Dr. Hubby's too, and I remember just being totally blown away by the first one in particular. All the characters seemed effortlessly cool and all the special effects were amazing. Jasmine seems to have that effortless cool thing too and great idea to use the music paper down the sides of the card.
I do agree that it is a little scary how much we rely on and get sucked into using technology...but I do like the connections that it brings me with people I have never met!
Big hugs, Kat xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

So true, people are missing what is going on around them while they are looking in to their phones. A perfect image to depict your film choice.
Lorraine

Elaine Stark said...

A great card and a fab film. Elaine

Squirrel x said...

And not giving a stuff about anyone around them! I wondered where you were going with this (not seen the films) but I love your card anyway! Hugs xx

Carol S. said...

Gorgeous CAS card and beautifully coloured. Hugs, Carol S.xx

suzanne2 said...

Another beautiful card net, I really do love your style,

Hugs Suzanne xx

Aileen said...

Wonderful card, as usual I love your colouring and design.
I was just thinking do you think in the future our children children..... will all be born with just a closed hand and thumbs perfect for texting and necks stretched to an angle. Bit scary

Meihsia Liu said...

This is such a beautiful card. The image is so pretty. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

Janine - Ellabella said...

Wonderful card! Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Creatalicious Challenge, Janine (DT)

jenn shurkus said...

such a pretty card :) thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

Brenda said...

Great choice of movies and perfect image to conjure thoughts of it. Beautiful CAS card.

Lori Turner said...

What a gorgeous card, Annette - your coloring never ceases to amaze me! Love this xoxooxox

Melanie said...

A wonderful card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes with optional anniversary” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT The Sketchy Challenges)


PS: Sorry for the late comment, life had been very busy the past couple of weeks…