Wednesday 3 January 2018

Lunar Animal Ruler

It's hump-day already so I'm here with my mid-week creation for Dies to Die For.  I bought a ruler that you can customise from Staples Office Depot.  The back of the ruler opens and you can slide in a decorated card strip which is then sealed back inside when you clip the back piece in place again.

The ruler is fairly narrow, so I needed to use some dinky images. The Lunar Animal cuties from Mama Elephant were the perfect size so I created a line-up of them.  They were nice and easy to watercolour and I shaded around the edge of the panel with blue ink to create some sky.

I hope you like my little project which was really easy to make.  I gave this as a little extra Xmas gift to a fellow crafter so she can put in her own strip whenever she wants to replace or refresh it.




 Here's a closer view of the critters:


Project Recipe:

From Dies To Die For:
Other:

Created for:






I've been inspired by:

Happy crafting
Annette
xx



10 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh.My.Word. that is fantastic!! Love those cute animals xx

Aquarius said...

What a superb gift for a fellow rafter - just love your line up of little animals all beautifully coloured.

Unknown said...

This is wonderful Annette, love it !
Hugs Kaz xx

Unknown said...

Wow Annette this is wonderful and it makes a great gift for someone.


Debs xx

https://debsartliffscards.blogspot.co.uk/

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

What an original and brilliant idea Annette! I LOVE those sweet critters and as always, you surprise me with something new and fabulous! Love the way your brain works!! LOL. This is a gorgeous project and beautifully coloured. Happy New Year hunny. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Craftdee said...

OMG!... the recipient will NEVER want to change out that strip, it's adorable :-)) I've never seen a ruler like that, I'll have to get on the hunt. TFS, Donna xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

What a clever and genius design. I love it. I'm sure it was received with joy!! Thank you for sharing and joining in with the That's Crafty Challenge. Best wishes for 2018 Tracey DT

Larissa said...

What a cvery sweet and cute project!

Meihsia Liu said...

This is such a fun and fantastic design! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

Anne said...

I've went straight to the website but can't find them Annette :o(
I LOVE how you've done this, what a fantastic idea for a gift

Anne x