Wednesday 23 May 2018

Tweetings

We're in the middle of a heatwave here in the UK so for my midweek card I've made a Christmas card!  I decided that I have been neglecting my good intention of making a few Christmas cards per month and today's card is a feeble attempt to increase the numbers (by 1) with a tweet sweet stamp set from Honey Bee called Season's Tweetings (I've used the sentiment of the same name too).

The birds are really cute and could be chicks, penguins or robins so are quite versatile.  I stamped and masked 3 of them in this mini flock and sponged ink around them in Victorian Velvet, Tumbled Glass, Stormy Sky and Black Soot.




Water-coloured on Langton Watercolour paper with Ranger Distress Ink Reinkers:
  • Birds: Antique Linen, Brushed Corduroy, Vintage Photo, Tattered Rose, Worn Lipstick
  • Greens: Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, Peeled Paint
  • Sky: Victorian Velvet, Tumbled Glass, Stormy Sky, Black Soot
  • Santa Hat: Festive Berries, Aged Mahogany, Iced Spruce
Card Recipe:

From Dies To Die For:

Other:
I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting
Annette
xx



8 comments:

Aquarius said...

You certainly manage to find some adorable images and these are really 'tweet'. I had to smile at your musings on the name of the font used in the previous post - interesting what goes through our minds sometimes isn't it???

Aileen said...

They certainly are very tweet and your colouring of them is wonderful. Need to check them out as if I don't have enough bird stamps mmm. Who ever has enough bird stamps I ask you!!

Sarah said...

They are so cute, love the inky background too xx

Gina's Cards said...

Such a gorgeous card and adorable image. Love your colouring! Thank you for playing along at Creative Inspirations, good luck!
Hugs
Gina xx

Fikreta said...

Wonderful card!
hugs

Lin said...

LOVE your coloring! They are TOO cute! Thank you for sharing your work with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Beverley said...

Gorgeous card, I love the image. Thanks for joining in this months 'Things with Wings' challenge over at Crafty Calendar.
Hugs
Bev x

Teresa said...

These little festive friends are so cute! Thanks so much for joining in the challenge at Country View Challenges. Good luck and hope to see you again xx Teresa DT